Industrial Dispute means any dispute or differences between employers and employers or between employers and workmen or between workmen and workmen which is connected with the employment or non-employment or the terms of employment or with the conditions of labour of any person.
Categories of Industrial Disputes
The disputes within the jurisdiction of Labour Courts which fall under the category of Industrial Disputes
- Discharge of workmen
- Wrongly dismissal of workmen
- reinstatement of workmen wrongfully dismissed
- Withdrawal of any customary concession or privilege
- Illegality or otherwise of a strike or lock-out; and
- All matters other than those specified in the Third Schedule
The disputes within the jurisdiction of Industrial Tribunals which could be classified as Industrial Disputes.
- Compensatory and other allowances
- Hours of work and rest intervals
- Leave with wages and holidays
- Bonus, profit sharing, provident fund and gratuity
- Shift working otherwise than in accordance with standing orders
- Classification by grades
- Rules of discipline
- Retrenchment of workmen and closure of establishment.
Contact us today if you need any legal assistance with regard to any of the above mentioned matters.